1. Students take courses under a prestigious faculty and alongside Czech and other European students.
2. Three program-sponsored day-trips and a weekend trip abroad designed to immerse students in Central European culture.
3. Students can apply for a variety of impressive internships through the UPCES Internship Program.
4. Courses are taught in the historic Schebek Palace in the center of Prague.
5. Students live in centrally-located program-sponsored apartments of their choosing.
UPCES offers students the opportunity for intellectual and cultural engagement in Prague, one of Europe's most beautiful cities. UPCES is located in a historic palace
in the center of Prague
Prominent scholars from Charles University teach UPCES courses in English. Course subjects include economics, international relations, sociology, history, political science, film, literature, philosophy, and Czech language. Students from a wide variety of majors and interests will greatly benefit from the UPCES academic experience.
UPCES classrooms offer a unique opportunity to interact with students from around the globe. A typical UPCES course (limited to 15 participants) has students of several nationalities and provides a truly multicultural environment for learning.
UPCES students live in program-sponsored apartments. Flats are located throughout the center section of Prague. Students do not just interact with Czechs, but truly live amongst them.
With UPCES, students explore the cultures of Central Europe. Each semester, UPCES organizes trips to Cesky Krumlov, Litomerice, Kutna Hora or Karlovy Vary, and a 3-night trip to Krakow, Poland. UPCES also organizes a series of cultural trips within the immediate area of Prague. Czech and other European students are invited on these trips as well.
UPCES students can apply for a variety of non-paid (and not-for-credit) internships related to their major or personal interests through the UPCES Internship Program.
UPCES offers unlimited outlets for learning and personal growth, in and out of the classroom. Learn more about UPCES on our website and on Facebook. We hope you will join us for an incredible semester in Prague!